Paul Vinton is a business technology specialist who has a passion to assist business and community leaders to achieve their goals. Born in Western Australia, Paul now resides in Adelaide, South Australia with his wife Leanne and sons Andrew and Wesley.
Paul has worked in the ICT sector for more than three decades and is
recognised as an industry expert regularly being asked for comment and being featured in Australian IT media.
After moving from Western Australia to Adelaide Paul founded his
information technology consulting firm in 1988 with his wife Leanne. This was the beginning of what today has grown to become Vintek Pty Ltd, employing 70+ staff, over 4,000 clients and influence Australia wide.
As an industry ICT and data security specialist, Paul has undertaken security and ICT audits, reviews and strategic direction for local and national organisations and sits on a number of boards, both in Australia and overseas, setting strategic direction.
Paul has driven the growth within the organisations to a national level, with clear 5 year goals for growth, profitability, strategic influence and
philanthropy. As a senior strategist Paul regularly interacts with global leads on emerging technology.
In 2015 Paul won the EY Entrepreneur of the Year in the Central Region for the Technology sector – a prestigious award recognising ICT excellence in entrepreneurship that is ongoing.
Paul is frequently asked to speak at industry conferences as a
data security and ICT industry expert and has undertaken
presentations with global vendors to strategic clients.
As a catalyst and leader within the emerging technology space
Paul has played a key role at Vintek in the following
• 2018 Purchased National Federal Government and Mid-enterprise focused firm Cloud Central – an Openstack based cloud provider
• 2017 Purchased long-standing Sydney-based enterprise solution provider Regal IT
• 2017 Fortinet partner of the year award
• 2016 Australian Computer Society SA Branch Executive Member
• 2016 Purchased National data centre business Intervolve
• 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year award (Central region – Technology)
• SA Government Office of the Industry Advocate – Advisory Panel member
• 2015 Technology Industry Association (TIA) of SA board member
• 2014 Australian National IBM networking partner of the year award
• Australian National IBM “Business Partner Demonstration Excellence” award
• First in the world to deploy IBM SDN VE – a revolutionary new data centre technology
• First in Asia-Pacific to deploy OpenFlow – an emerging networking technology
• IBM Global story on Vintek’s solutions and strategic direction
• BRW featured story on the ICT implementation of a key client
• Multiple first of technology sales in Australia for latest generation technologies